Installing Wattsi on Ubuntu 14.04
I am adding the steps of how to install it locally, and how to cope if any of the following errors occurs mentioned below:
Follow the Readme of Wattsi:
Mainly the errors occur due to incompatible version of fpc with wattsi:
1. Ubuntu comes with the pre-installed package of Free Pascal Compiler. Firstly check the version by typing fpc in terminal. Please make sure the version is compatible with the Wattsi’s required version which is currently 3.0.0 .
2. otherwise first remove the Pre-installed package by:
sudo apt-get remove fpc*
and then install a new by choosing the appropriate operating system from: http://www.freepascal.org/download.var
3. After downloading the package,
when the .tar file is downloaded, first untar the file, in some directory where you have write permission, using the following command:
tar -xvf fpc.tar
To install Free Pascal, all that needs to be done now is give the following command:
Some other important links:
4. After adding wattsi to the same root directory as the html-build and whatwg/html,
Follow these steps:
1) cd wattsi/
If for some reason you need to build a wattsi binary with 64-bit code, you can do so by adding -Px86_64 to the DEFINES line in the src/build.sh file, so that it looks like this:
DEFINES=”-dUSEROPES -dLINES -dPARSEERROR -Px86_64″
5. html-build script uses wattsi from a remote server, but if you have a slow internet connection, it might take a very long time to parse or break in between. So for me it was better to install locally.
Project’s Progress this week:
Here are the PR’s i filed and are successfully merged:
It’s been halfway now. Internship has made me learned alot and will do so with every issue i do.
Thanks for reading